- 1911 -
- The Homes family settle in territorial Arizona.
- 1938 -
- I.G. "Pete" Homes, works as a carpenter alongside Del E. Webb. When the Del E Webb construction company forms, Pete becomes the first employee hired.
- 1948 -
- With Del's encouragement, Pete forms Homes & Son as a Design/Build General Contractor.
- 1957 - 1961 -
- Pete's nephew, W G "Fred" Homes, begins his employment with Homes & Son in high school and continues working while pursuing a degree in higher education through the School of Architecture @ Arizona State University. Fred spends four years as an apprentice and journeyman carpenter learning the complexities of daily construction operations.
- 1964 -
- Fred assumes role of Senior Estimator and begins his involvement in everyday business management.
- 1975 -
- Fred takes ownership as CEO and President of Homes & Son.
- 2001 -
- Russ Homes carries on the family tradition and philosophy by becoming President.
In the tradition of family before him, Russ Homes gained his experience from a hands-on approach at every level of construction and in 1987 received a degree in Construction Management at ASU. After moving through the ranks from laborer to superintendent, Russ assumed the role of Project Manager for 12 years. During this time, Russ managed many projects including religious, industrial, office, automotive and medical. His knowledge of scheduling, schematics and design has allowed Homes & Son to continue the tradition of quality workmanship resulting in many repeat projects. Russ approaches every project bearing his family name with the goal of total client satisfaction.
As our President since 2001, Russ has carried on the philosophy in which this company began:
Three generations later Homes & Son still maintains a solid reputation for quality and integrity in the marketplace. Homes & Son's business philosophy is to offer each client personal attention and a dedicated team to achieve the most cost effective and functional solution possible.
Along with Russ, the Homes & Son team is comprised of long-term, highly skilled professionals who are dedicated to every project. Professionals like:
- outstanding product
- outstanding service
- and above all, conducting business with professionalism, dedication, and integrity.
Keith Nathern - Vice-President of Operations/Senior Project Manager with over 25 years of industry experience.
Fred Holmes - Senior Project Superintendent
Our history in Arizona has allowed us the distinct benefit of pointing with pride to some of the most beautiful buildings in the Valley. We have had the pleasure of building many striking Arizona facilities including:
GIVING BACK TO ARIZONA
- Original Cine Capri Theatre
- St. Francis Xavier Church
- Old Spaghetti Factory
- The Stockyards Restaurant
- Sun Angel Clubhouse at the ASU/Karsten Golf Course
- The APS Environmental Showcase Home
- Foothills Academy College Preparatory (Strawbale Construction)
For three generations, Homes & Son has participated with civic organizations such as:
- Sun Angel Foundation
- Boys and Girls Club of Metropolitan Phoenix
- Executives Association of Greater Phoenix
- 100 Club of Arizona
- Lincoln Health Foundation
- Phoenix Kiwanis Club
Our sincere commitment to Arizona has shown through our years of service. It is a tradition we're proud to continue today.